CORE CENTER RESEARCH BASE FOCUS GROUPS/RELEVANT DISEASES
Membership in the NIH/NIDDK Conte JHU GI Core Center for Basic and Translational Gastrointestinal is open to all JHU faculty who are involved in or interested in basic or translational research that involves the GI track. Membership Applications can be submitted to Esther Choi, Core Center Administrator at email@example.com.
A table of our current areas of emphasized research and the diseases of relevance to each Focus Group is included.
Full members are JHU faculty members who are (1) conducting research related to GI or are using techniques that will advance GI, (2) have current funding through the NIH, NIDDK or other peer-reviewed grants, and
(3) take part in Center activities that can include using Core Services. Full Members receive the full range of Core Center benefits but also have several responsibilities.
List of Member Benefits
- Subsidized Core Services
- Preferential meeting with Core Supported Visiting Professors and Hofmann Lecturer
- Apply for mini-sabbatical
- Help with IRB applications
- List of Member Obligations
- Present to the Work-in-Progress
- Suggest scientists to invite for Work-in-Progress, Hofmann Lecturer, All Day symposium, including suggestions for the theme.
- Acknowledge Core Service use in publications
Associate Members are junior faculty who are developing their research career in GI research and either have career awards that include NIH K Awards, Society Award (CCF, CF, and AASLD) or are attempting to achieve such awards and established faculty who do not currently have extramural funding. Associate Members are provided Core Services at greatly reduced rates.
The Core Center Internal Executive Committee evaluates applications for Membership and Associate Membership at its every other monthly meeting. Membership status is reviewed twice a year to determine if Membership status should be adjusted. Questions about membership should be directed to the Core Center Administrator Esther Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-955-8018.